Emily Fletcher, Adriane Charday, and Kara Davies, three very different girls-turned-mages (mages are highly skilled "magic users"), band together to protect and find Avalon, the very source of all magic. Each girl has a bonded animal and magic stone; their animal friends help them on their magical journeys through the different worlds along the Web of Magic. The safety of the Magic Web, and the worlds it connects together, hangs on their success as they battle two main antagonists, the Dark Sorceress and the Spider Witch, who wish to harness the tremendous magical energy and magic of Avalon and distort the Magic Web for their own evil ends. The titular Web of Magic is a web on the magical, mystical plane of existence, connecting all worlds and planets with each other through mystical portals.
The project was revealed in 2017 as a co-production between Bridgegate Pictures, Minds Eye Entertainment, Moving Pictures Media and Red Sky Entertainment, being made by the American company voyager.world and Ukrainian animation studios Film UA Animagrad. It is being mainly written and directed by Robert Mandell, creator of Princess Gwenevere / Starla and the Jewel Riders, and will feature Canadian voice actors. The show is going to "pretty much follow the books, breaking them up in serialized eps" with 26 episodes for the first season. The books' author Rachel Roberts is "in charge of story editing and wrote the pilot script." The cartoon currently slated for production from July 2019 to 2020/2021.
Original designs (2017-2018):
Pre-teen redesigns (2019):
Voice cast Edit
- Britt McKillip (voice of Princess Cadence on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic)
- Sunni Westbrook
- Rebekah Asselstine
- Cathy Weseluck (voice of Spike on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic)
- Michael Antonakos
- ↑ Avalon Production Update, 27 November 2017 | The Avalon Archive
- ↑ Avalon: Web of Magic Animated Series in the Works | The Avalon Archive
- ↑ Avalon Production Update, 18 December 2017 | The Avalon Archive
- ↑ Avalon Production Update, 3 July 2017 | The Avalon Archive
- ↑ Avalon Production Update: 15 April 2019 | The Avalon Archive